Sunday, December 6, 2009

11/10/09

Hey Guys!

Well I have been in the MTC for a full day and oh man, it's exhausting! But very...fun?...OUr schedules are pretty tight --for the most part we spend most of our days in class, learning. How to teach to our Investigators needs. it's pretty cool because it requires us to be intuned with the spirit.

In my classroom, it's called a district. There are 2 other sisters aside from me and my companion and get this, we are ALL going to Rochester NY!! The Elder's in our District are awesome. 4 Elders are goingto Jacksonville Florida, and 2 Elders are going to Anchorage Alaska. It feels like we have been here forever, but we haven't and we are kind of already close. It's weird, but I know it's because of the spirit.

So let me tell you about the first day. I'll just tell you the 3 coolest parts because I only have 10 minutes to finish this. Okay.

1-My Companion is Sister VanDenBerghe, and she rocks my socks off! Honestly her and I had this instant click and we get along SO well and have so much in common. When Iget time, I'll try to send you a picture of her and me. She is from Riverton and know's Andrew. Such a small world.

Oh. And this world get's smaller. So again in my distric there is an Elder Stone from Burley Idaho...We tried comparing ancestors but come to find out his surname was once "Stone."

Oaky so experience 2-The first night we were here, we attended this crash course fo "How to teach the Investigators' needs. So the stories they have are true. True people and it was them, who were here. They did it sort of like a play. The investigator would sit there and 2 missionaries knock on the door and do a discussion but would ask questions. So the guys name is Jon Stone. Retired Fighter Pilot and volunteers at the Red Cross, and the 2 Elder's knocked on the door and asked some questions. Every so often they would pause and have us, the audience, discuss what we know about the investigator. The whole time I fel the spirit so strongly. And we would stop to talk to our companion about what we know so far and which principles of th Gospel we should start off with. I remembered him talking about his wife in the past tense and so I mentioned it to my companion and without my knowledge she raised her hand and said what I mentioned to her and the look we recieved...just rocked me. Well to make a long story short....Afterwards, Jon Stone pulled me and my comp aside and kind of started talking family geneology because of my last name, but what he said next totally moved me in a way. He said "Sisters, I have done this many times and I havge never felt the spirit so strongly then I have with you two." This hit me really hard because I had no idea. Then he continued on to say that whatever he said after what my comp had asked him was true. We asked, "You mentioned your wife before, but not now. Did she pass away? Or do you have feelings of resentment to Heavemy Father for the passing of a loved one?" He responded "You know I do have quite a bit of bitterness because I am tired and I feel so alone." --Right here he looked at us--"A year ago my wife did pass away and ever since then there has been this void and that was why I decided to seek the missionaries again." It was such a cool experience! Wow. and seriously each day gets cooler!

It has been so crazy! Just always on the go from 6AM-10:30PM. I really never have much time for anything. But I love you guys! And hope to hear from you soon!
*uma*
Sister Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment